The Upstate Chapel is a wonderful location for your private wedding ceremony! Religious and non-denominational ceremonies are welcome, as are traditional and nontraditional ceremonies. Your wedding ceremony will be hosted in a beautiful Civil War-era limestone church with Victorian stained glass windows and seating for 300 guests. A real pipe organ and a full concert grand piano are also present to augment your special day. A public bathroom is available for guests, and private rooms in the converted sacristy are available for changing and preparation. The church is handicap accessible via a front ramp.
Your private ceremony is fully within your control. There are no pre-qualifications or religious requirements to meet to hold the ceremony, and there no musical restrictions!
What Is Included
- Full use of the building for the rehearsal and ceremony
- Pipe organ and/or piano music supplied by the house musician, optional
- Public address system
- Assistance with music and logistical planning
- Full bath and full kitchen
- Small reception area suitable for 20 guests
- Grounds and lawn manicured prior to the event
- Contacts for local ministers or justices
- Delivery receipt for flowers and decorations
What You Bring
- Your own flowers or decorations
- Your own wedding program booklet
- Your musical selections and/or guest soloists
- Your own photographer and/or videographer
- Your own minister or justice of the peace
Larger Reception Facilities
We can suggest a number of nearby dining and lodging establishments for your guests and for your reception. Please contact us.
The wedding package is a very affordable fixed price service. The chapel is available most days of the year, except for Sundays 9am-1pm, and during concerts. Please contact us to reserve a date and discuss your plans.
Due to deed restrictions, Roman Catholic wedding liturgies cannot be performed. All other denominations are welcomed.